|The Suwannee Valley Humane Society|
| We are located 2 miles south of Lee, Florida at: 1156 S. E. Bisbee Loop, Madison, Florida 32340
Phone Toll Free: 1-866-236-7812 Local: (850) 971-9904   Email:email@example.com
Thrift Shop and Shelter Hours are: Tuesday thru Saturday from 10:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M.
--We will also make appointments for adoptions--
Physical Shelter Site : 21 acres, 2 shelter buildings, outdoor pens, and 2 thrift stores on Bisbee Loop, Lee, FL.
Directions: Take Exit 262 off I-10 go north on CR-255 about 8/10th of a mile and make a left on Bisbee Loop ; or come US-90 to Lee, Fl.
At the blinking light turn(Right from Madison/left from Live Oak) onto CR-255 go about a mile and turn right onto Bisbee Loop, we are on the backside of the loop, you will see our sign.  Our Thrift Shops and Nursery are located on the same property. They are open the same hours as the shelter.
We are a 501(c) organization and not funded by counties, cities, or states.
Donations welcome but please call ahead to be certain someone is there to help unload them.
Up Coming Events for 2014:
* 'SPRING FLING' first SATURDAY IN MAY AT THE SHELTER, 10am to 2pm
-- come enjoy the food, fun and see the animals! --
* 'PET SHOW' Early October in the Suwannee Coliseum in Live Oak.
Call for more information.
---CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF LAST YEAR'S WINNERS. WE HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN THIS YEAR!
Current Specials as of January 1, 2014:
1) All Cats over 9 months of age are $30.00 each. Kittiens up to 9 months are $45.00 each.  We have many colors and ages to choose from.  See these lovely kitties and take one home!
2) We now offer pet Microchips to the public for $15.00 each.  Call for information or stop in.
$65.00 Two additional programs we have are the Diamonds in the Ruff & and the Senior Citizens programs:
As of July 1, 2013, microchips will not be included in the adoption fee. They are available for an extra fee of $10 per adoption.
--Dogs: All are spayed or neutered. They are given 5 in 1 shots, heartworm tested, rabies shot, heartworm preventive given monthly. Puppies: All are spayed or neutered before leaving shelter, given at least one 5 in 1 shot (Series of 3), rabies shot or coupon given, heartworm preventive given at 4 months. They are wormed monthly.
--Cats:   All are spayed or neutered. They are feline leukemia tested, given shots, wormed monthly, given rabies shots. Kittens: All are spayed or neutered before leaving shelter. They are feline leukemia tested, given at least one shot (Series of 3), wormed monthly, rabies shot or coupon to get one.
--Must always call for available space because we are a no-kill facilty and space is limited & determined by the number of adoptions.
We ask for a Dropoff fee to help defer the cost of caring for the animal. For more information please call.
We always accept donations to help these animals (see Wish List below) and we always need Volunteers, No experience necessary!
Looking for a gift to give someone who is an animal lover?
Our Yearly membership to the shelter is a great gift for any occasion! They can receive quarterly newsletters that will keep then updated in things at the shelter, upcoming events, success stories and lots more information about the shelter and our needs. Plus membership is also a fund raiser that helps continue what we do for all the animals.
|Please click on the links below to see our Cats and Dogs currently available for adoption.
All ages are approximate as of time of arrival and are updated monthly:|
|Cats for adoption     Dogs for adoption     News & Events|
Facts About Spaying and Neutering
Myths About Spaying & Neutering
|Please be an angel and become a member just $15.00 single and $20.00 family|
SHELTER WISH LIST:
2) Volunteers (Activities, desk help, cleaners and yard work)
3) Puppy Chow, Dog Food and Cat food (Prefer dry food)
4) non-clumping Cat Litter
7) Cat and Dog Treats
8) Old newspapers
9) Aluminum cans
10) New or used leashes, collars and carriers
FUND RAISING ACTIVITIES:
1) Pet Fairs - Live Oak
2) Pet Show - Local businesses sponsor the show and the general public enters their pets for ribbons in various catagories.
3) Thrift Shop, includes lots of nice plants from our Nursery.
4) The Suwannee County Fair
5) Membership Dues $20.00 a year family or $15.00 a year individual, we always welcome new members.
6) We are open to new ideas for fund raising, so we can continue to expand the shelter.
OUR DO'S AND DON'TS
1) We don't pick up animals, although we work with animal control officers as much as possible.
2) We don't do abuse cases but will direct you to the proper people or rescue groups.
3) We do need volunteers to help us expand our hours, work on different activities and to help socialize our homeless animals.
4) We do need donations of money to help us continue and expand our programs.
5) We need donations besides money, please check out our 'Wish List' above.
1) Each year people or organizations bring in new ideas. We are willing to try anything if it seems like it will help improve the shelter and bring in more revenue.
2) Bottom line: We want to put ourselves out of business. If we could get people to spay and neuter their animals, perhaps there would be no more unwanted stray, starving and sick dogs and cats needing our attention. Until that day arrives we want to make sure that all abandoned animals are being cared for.  Our shelter wants to expand and we need volunteers and money.
3) If we should reach that point where we no longer have stray animals, we could focus on attending to wild animals that get hurt in storms etc. and importing stray animals for adoption from areas that would still have a problem.